Saturday, August 25, 2007

WTF is up with this?

Why is everyone so head over heels, giddily drunk, and basically brainwashed into thinking this stuff is so amazing? I tried. I really, really, really tried to find something that just flabbergasted me and made me want to lick my laptop in anticipation and click my basket full until I couldn't click anymore, but alas, I found nothing. Please tell me I am missing something. Please tell me this person sells at another store, where, somewhere locked away, maybe with a hidden password or something, there are pages of lucsious products, just yearning to be purchased. Otherwise, I think some of you peeps need a good smacking! If you are telling me that people are going gaga over, let's see, these 9 products I see on that page, then I must really be losing it. I mean, yes, this stuff is okay, maybe I'll even stretch a bit and say it is nice but quite honestly, I was really bummed when I followed the hoopla over to her store and saw with my own eyes what all the damn hoopla was about.

Am I alone here?

If you want to see what I mean about all the fanfare, check out these two posts on two different sites. A waste of bandwidth, me thinks.

http://www.myscrapbookart.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333
http://www.digishoptalk.com/boards/showthread.php?t=74412

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOpe, you aren't alone. *shakes head*

Anonymous said...

The only thing I see that is really THAT amazing is the flowers. Those look pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

I like the flowers, but the other things don't grab me. I was wondering what all the hoo-ha was about :P

Anonymous said...

I was really struck by the flowers in some of her CT lo's they looked very realistic - then I read that she has hand created drop shadows she includes with them. I think this is is very clever...

The only thing is they are $3.75 and I have so many floweres to begin with it's not worth spending that much...

Some of the other stuff is pretty commonplace but well executed nonetheless...

digiscrapsmack said...

Yes, pretty commonplace is right. I guess that is why I was a little shocked that it received such a hullabaloo. But the flowers are nice. Hand shadowing...eh, I could take that or leave it I guess. I like to be able to rotate my elements in any direction and if the shadowing is already done for me, no can do.

Anonymous said...

i bought the flowers. there are a ton of them so i thought the price was fair and they are really pretty. the shadows are a seperate file so you can customize it how ever you like

Anonymous said...

YOu must be jealous. Her stuff IS amazing! You need to just grow up.

Anonymous said...

It's nice but it's just the same old same old, I don't get the hype either.

I like the flowers too.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thank God, she's competent and has good taste...I'd rather have an overhyped good designer than another schlock wannabe designer who can't even use photoshop...

Anonymous said...

You are not alone. When I finally got to see what everybody was peeing themselves in anticipation over, I just sat there with my mouth agape.
What.
The.
Fuck.
Crap like that gets hype usually reserved for a Beatles reunion & smaller designers who make truly gorgeous & unique stuff can't get arrested??? I officially give up. I will never understand the mindset of this community.

digiscrapsmack said...

9:57. I like you.

Anonymous said...

She's good, I wouldn't call her stuff 'amazing', but it is good. Being that she's brand new, she probably just needs a little practice and inspiration, but it isn't like her stuff is horrid or anything.

Anonymous said...

well.. I just went and looked and saw nothing spectacular. The flowers with the glitter are "ok" and thats about it. The papers are nothing special whatsoever. The kit is terrible.

Don't you think that when someone creates all that "hoopla" though, that it is all their "friends" that are creating it? starting posts about it? and making it sound better than what it is? kinda like propaganda. lol